Rajma, a classic Indian dish, is a favorite among food enthusiasts for its rich flavors and wholesome goodness. In this blog post, we bring you a mouthwatering Rajma recipe made with Shiva Organic's Chitra Rajma. Soaked overnight and cooked to perfection, this recipe guarantees a delightful and satisfying meal for you and your loved ones. Let's dive into the flavors and aroma of this traditional dish!
- 1 cup Shiva Organic's Chitra Rajma (about 200 grams), soaked overnight
- 2.5 cups water for pressure cooking
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chopped green chilies or 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic or 7 to 8 medium-sized garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger or 2 inches chopped ginger
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 200 grams)
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 100 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur powder)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- Salt, as required
- Soak 1 cup (200 grams) of Shiva Organic's Chitra Rajma in enough water overnight or for 8 to 9 hours. Rinse the kidney beans again in fresh clean water.
- Finely chop the vegetables - 1 large onion, 3 medium tomatoes, 1-inch ginger, 7 to 8 medium-sized garlic cloves, and 1 green chili. Set them aside.
- In a 3-liter stovetop pressure cooker, add the soaked kidney beans along with the chopped onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, and green chilies.
- Add the spices - 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, and salt as per taste.
- Pour 2.5 cups of water into the pressure cooker.
- Cover the pressure cooker tightly with its lid. Pressure cook for 18 to 20 whistles or about 20 to 22 minutes on medium-high to high heat.
- Once the pressure settles down on its own, open the lid and check the beans. They should be soft and fully cooked, almost melting in the mouth.
- If the beans are not completely cooked, add about 1/2 cup more water and pressure cook again for 5 to 6 whistles or as needed.
- Once the kidney beans have softened and are well cooked, check the consistency of the gravy or curry.
- Add 1 teaspoon dry mango powder, 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala powder, and mix well. Simmer the gravy until it thickens. You can mash a few kidney beans with the back of a spoon to achieve the desired consistency.
Conclusion: Indulge in the flavorsome experience of Shiva Organic's Chitra Rajma recipe. With the perfect blend of spices and the goodness of organic ingredients, this dish is sure to tantalize your taste buds and leave you craving for more. Enjoy the rich texture and aroma as you savor each spoonful of this authentic Rajma curry. Treat yourself and your loved ones to a wholesome and delightful meal today!