What is Bee Pollen ?
Bee Pollen is a fine powdery substance collected from the stamen of blossoming flower and is granulated naturally by the worker bees. It is a highly nutritious and complete food which contains a rich supply of B-complex vitamins, vitamins C, A, E, carotenoids, folic acid, amino acids, a wide array of minerals and some essential fatty acids.
Bee Pollen is referred to as a complete food
It contains all the vital nutrients our body needs including vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, lipids, and protein.
Bee Pollen is so special due to the amount of time it takes for bees to create it. One teaspoon of bee pollen requires the equivalent of one bee working eight hours a day for one month to gather!
India has a high density of unique plant species that produce high quality pollens. These are harvested free of chemicals and from pristine forests, pollution free and conservation reserves. New health properties have been identified and should excite health conscious consumers.
“Bee pollen is the only known food in the world with all essential ingredients necessary to sustain life”
- Bee pollen is a complete protein and contains all 22 elements of the human system including:
- All essential amino acids (bee pollen contains the eight essential amino acids, which the human body cannot produce.) Vitamins A, B Complex series C, D, E, K and Rutin.
- 28 Minerals, including Trace Minerals needed for good health and lifestyle
Enzymes and Co-Enzymes necessary for good digestion. Hormones such as the ones found in our bodies to affect smooth function. Its capacity for radical scavenging has also been noted.
- Pollen is a natural source of high protein, low in fat, cholesterol free, containing essential fatty acids and a complete range of vitamins and minerals.
It is nature’s gift to the mankind which acts as a growth and maintenance supplement.
It has various immunostimulating properties like antibacterial, antiviral, anti- inflammatory, hepatoprotective, anticancer etc.
Mostly pollen is used as a food supplement to improve cases of malnutrition, malaise, fatigue, and to increase physical and mental capacity or strengthen the immune system. Bee pollen is a complete food and contains many elements that products of animal origin do not possess. Bee pollen is richer in protein than any animal source like beef, eggs or cheese. About half of its protein is in the form of free amino acids that are ready to be used directly by the body. Bee pollen can also be used medicinally for a wide range of conditions from prostate health to skin conditions and can help correct specific nutritional imbalances within the body.
Bee Pollen as Superfood!
Bee Pollen is rich in protein and amino acids than any other source like milk, meat. A majority of its protein is in form of amino acids that is readily absorbed by the human body.
Bee pollen is used in a wide range of applications including:
• Treating allergies, anaemia, asthma, immune system disorders, impotence, infertility
• Kidney disorders, menopause, prostate disease and ulcers
• Improving athletic endurance and promote muscle growth
• Aiding recovery from illnesses such as chronic fatigue
• Boosting the immune system
Taken every day, bee pollen has been shown to improve general feelings of well being and make you feel more vibrant and energised.
Caution: In some cases, an allergic reaction to pollen may be experienced.
Why Our Bee Pollen?
Shiva Organic introduces to a world renowned superfood that is an untapped miracle in our country. The Shiva Organic's bee pollen load comes direct from the bee keeper so you can be confident that this is pure and natural.
It has unimaginable benefits like increasing the lifespan, increasing plasma, haemoglobin levels and strengthen muscles with vitamin C and magnesium. Because of its potential medical and dietary uses, bee pollen is a remarkable epitherapeutic that is highly valued by natural medicine and a health-conscious consumer due to its potential medical and dietary uses.
Shiva Organic prioritises quality control, and the bee pollen is processed as soon as it is collected. It is dried and stored in hygienic conditions, then packed in glass jars to preserve its properties.
Shiva Organic’s bee pollen specifications :
Colour - The colour of the bee pollen is varied ranging from light yellow to bright yellow; orange to red; greenish yellow to green; brown to black, depending on floral source.
Texture - The pollen arrives in natural granules and can be incorporated into your daily diet with ease. Try blending a tablespoon of pollen into your smoothies and shakes, sprinkle it onto cereal or as an energy-packed snack.
Source - Melliferous plants such as sunflower, mustard, coconut, sesame bees collect both nectar and pollen contain highly nutritious pollen.
Bee Pollen Nutritional Facts
Bee Pollen is best kept out of direct sunlight, in a cool, dark place like your fridge, freezer, or pantry. Pollen is quite a varied plant product rich in biologically active substances. 200 substances were found in the pollen grains from different plant species. In the group of basic chemical substances, there are proteins, amino acids, carbohydrates, lipids and fatty acids, phenolic compounds, enzymes, and coenzymes as well as vitamins, minerals and bio-elements.
The average content of main ingredients in the dried bee pollen (at the temperature 40°c) amounts to such values as follows:
Proteins- 13.7 to 38.2%, including essential amino acids (6.4 to 11.5%) such as methionine, lysine, threonine, histidine, leucine, isoleucine, valine, phenylalanine, and tryptophan. These protein elements are life essential and the organism cannot synthesize them by itself.
Anti Oxidant Properties
Bee Pollen is the power house of the antioxidants likephenolic acids like vanillic acid, protocatechuic acid, gallic acid and p-coumaric acid as well as flavonoids like hesperidin, apigenin, luteolin, rutin, kaempferol, quercetin and isorhamnetin. Electrophiles are inactivated by these molecules which also serve as free radical scavengers and reactive oxygen species.
Anti Cancer Activity
Bee pollen has been found to have anticancer properties in several experiments which are most likely due to its antioxidant and antimutagenic properties.
Antimicrobial properties of bee pollen are well known and can be due to the action of the enzyme glucose oxidase used in honey bee secretion as well as plant phenolics and flavonoids compounds. The action of phenolic compounds from bee pollen extracts against gram-positive and gram-negative pathogenic bacteria, microscopic fungi and yeasts has also been noted by researchers.
The action of flavonoids, phenolic acids, phytosterols and flavouring substances like anethole an inhibitor of the NF-KB pathway (a family of highly conserved transcription factors that regulate many important cellular behaviours, in particular, inflammatory responses, cellular growth and apoptosis) has been linked to anti-inflammatory effects in bee pollen that have been compared to those of traditional non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications. Specific benefits include the ability to reduce swelling caused by cardiovascular and renal diseases, protect the liver from carbon tetrachloride-induced damage, and suppress prostate inflammation and hyperplasia.
NUTRITION BOMB! Bee pollen has been used as a food supplement at times of regeneration in cases of malnutrition, asthenia and to increase physical and mental ability or strengthen the immune system.
- Pollen contains the 22 essential amino acids that the human body needs every day, which makes it a superfood.
- It has potential medical and dietary uses, bee pollen is a remarkable apitherapeutic product that is highly valued by natural medicine.
- Bee pollen can also be used medicinally for a wide range of conditions from prostate health to skin conditions and can help correct specific nutritional imbalances within the body.
- It has a number of effects, including local anaesthetic, antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral, anti- inflammatory, hepatoprotective, and anticancer immunostimulating.
- It increases plasma hemoglobin levels and strengthens muscles with vitamin C and magnesium.
- Bee pollen is a complete food and contains many elements that products of animal origin do not possess. Bee pollen is richer in protein than any animal source.
- High-performance athletes are said to consume pollen due to its high energetic power, it is a supplementary food especially by sportspersons to enhance their energy level.
- High nutritional value such as protein, fat and minerals (mainly calcium, magnesium, iron and phosphorous) in bee pollen are present in greater quantity than in pulses.
- The use of pollen has been recommended in the scientific literature because of its antimicrobial, antioxidant, hepatoprotective (fighting liver infections), anticarcinogenic (cancer prevention), anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, and immunomodulatory compounds.
ANTIOXIDANT, ANTI-MICROBIAL, ANTI-INFLAMMATORY, ANTI-CANCER, ANTI-DIABETIC & ANTI-ALLERGIC
Bee Pollen Usage
Bee pollen naturally comes in form of granules which can bee taken directly through spoon. It has generally sweet and flowery nodes to it. It can also be consumed in form of:
- Sprinkled over fruits or yoghurt
- Added to smoothies and milkshake
- Sprinkled over toast or any breakfast cereal
- Or simply have it in water with Shiva Organic honey first thing in the morning
Like any other food item, some people may have an allergic reaction to bee pollen; so it’s best to start with a very small amount initially to make sure it’s safe for consumption.
Helps curing kidney disorders
Helps ease menopause symptoms
Helps recovering chronic fatigue
Cures impotence and infertility
Helps cure prostate disease
Helps cure anaemia
Promotes muscle growth
Boosts immune system
Helps cure ulcers
Helps in asthma
Improves athletic endurance
Helps cure allergies