Natural honey is beneficial for health in every way with no side effects except for some medical conditions. A sweet fluid made by honey bees using the nectar of flowers. There are above 300 types of natural honey with different flavors, colors, and odors. Honey is a combination of amino acids, vitamins, minerals, iron, zinc, and antioxidants. You can use honey as a natural sweetener with regular beverages. The agents like anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial can do a miracle for your health. People also help in curing coughs and even healing the wound.
Following are some of the health benefits of natural honey
1.Helps improve Your Gut Health: Honey acts as a complementary medicine as it contains prebiotic properties that take care of the gut. The property of fermentation of beneficial gut bacteria such as bifidobacteria and lactobacilli. They are called good bacteria that help in proper digestion and nutrient absorption if consume daily. Today people are quite disturbed by digestion issues on regular basis. And, to have a clean body from the inside you need to intake laxatives and have a mild laxative effect that can help clean out your body.
- Honey provides nutrients: Along with natural sugar and antioxidants, honey contains some important nutrients including phosphorus, calcium, potassium, and magnesium. This is how regular consumption of honey helps improve your health. You can have a spoon full of honey daily works wonder like you drink water every day. Our bodies need plentiful nutrition to make them work for regular tasks personally and professionally where a spoonful of honey every day can make up for it. Eating food without nutritional value is like running in the gym but going nowhere. So, keep in mind with all nutritional food, honey can add up even more.
- Treat Cardiovascular disorder: The INTERHEART study showed that CVD risk factors such as abdominal obesity, hypertension, and diabetes are higher among Indians, even at young ages''. Antioxidants in honey help to reduce the risk of heart disease. Today's lifestyle is so much affected by this unhealthy food and beverages. And, this fatty food directly affects your heart health. That's why it is always advisable to eat clean.
- Cure cough: If you have a cough then it is suggested to consume eucalyptus honey or citric honey as they can act as a cough suppressant. Also, people with acute nighttime coughs and upper respiratory infections can be cured by honey.
- Source of antioxidants:Honey contains the antioxidant properties such as flavonoids and phenolic acids. It is said that honey with darker colors contains a high level of antioxidants than lighter ones. Antioxidants present in honey can reduce the risks of type 2 diabetes, and heart disease Which is so common these days.
- Good for blood sugar: Over regular sugar, honey can offer little benefits as a natural sweetener. If consumed in large amounts honey sweetener can act as normal sugar but the antioxidant present may help protect against metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes.
Conclusively, honey is a blessing packed in a jar that keeps a watch over your health. Hope this helps you get to know about the several health benefits of consuming honey. Include honey in your lifestyle by getting it from the Shiva Organic Honey website.