As a universal fact, honey is one of the most beneficial ingredients that contain anti-bacterial properties which help to heal cough, cold and boost immunity at the same time. Also, in respect of women's health, Organic Honey supports a lot from the menstrual journey to menopause. Here we are going to talk about menopause.
What is menopause?
Menopause is a condition or stage that is diagnosed after the end of the menstrual cycle. This mostly happens between the age of 40 to 50. There are certain symptoms that reflect the beginning of the menopause condition. Signs and symptoms of menopause are different in different women.
Symptoms of menopause –
There are various symptoms of menopause, hot flashes, irregular periods, chills, night sweats, disturbed sleep cycle, mood swings, dry and chapped skin indignation, and weak bones. Apart from other medications, Natural Honey plays an important role at this stage in women's life. Most importantly it soothes and relaxes the mental state. As women become more anxious, restless and irritated.
Benefits of honey during menopause
- Adding Honey can help relieve signs and symptoms of menopause. includes dry skin, digestive issues and bloating. You can add honey to the tea and coffee. Also, use it on toast and drizzle it on salads. Consuming honey on a daily basis can help balance women's health.
- Along with consuming honey daily women should opt for regular exercise. That would additionally help in balancing their health during menopause. Raw or organic honey contains several enzymes, good bacteria, prebiotics, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. All these together provide women with biological support.
- Using honey as an energy drink at the time of menopause can relieve in many ways. When we consume even a tablespoon of honey contains about 17 grams of carbohydrates that give instant energy by mixing into the bloodstream. Therefore, you can have it before a workout also. As women age, they face the problem of memory loss and the antioxidant present in honey help prevent cellular damage and boost memory.
- Study shows that honey may boost postmenopausal memory. It works as a therapy for hormones. A disturbed sleep cycle becomes a common problem in menopausal women. And, eating honey at night can help better sleep as it releases melatonin in the brain. Natural honey rejuvenates and regenerates the body which hinders the ageing process.
- Consuming honey during menopause helps in digestion and reduces menopausal bloating due to the enzymes, probiotics and prebiotics content in the honey. Also due to the availability of certain minerals, vitamins and antioxidants, eating honey can reduce stress and fatigue. The flavonoids present in the honey help decrease irritability as women get quite irritated while they go through menopause.
- The natural humectant properties of honey support skin to be healthy by hydrating from the inside as it has the ability to hold on to moisture. Applying a thin layer of honey on the skin and rinsing off after 15 mins can make the skin smooth and supple.
- Blood pressure and cardiovascular diseases have become common problems in the menopausal phase. Consistent use of honey may help in maintaining blood pressure and lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases.